Christmas Memories


Just as we we're getting used to the idea, Christmas has indeed flown by for another year! I had my close family over for the day, and I was in charge of all the cooking - glad to say it all went well, a good batch of mince pies and roast potatoes, they're the important bits! We all went present-mad again (swathes of wrapping paper within minutes!) and it was just a very festive, cosy and loveable day. Just thought I'd post a few details of my home this Christmas, I did try and get it all looking jolly!






I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!” 
― Charles DickensA Christmas Carol





And after a gorgeously lazy Boxing Day that was filled with tasty leftovers and festive telly, we are now in those blessed awkward days where no-one knows quite what day of the week it is, or when to put the bins out again...better just keep it lazy! No snow to be seen here, it's blue skies and sun over Hampshire, I think I need a good walk today!

Hope you had a wonderful time, bring on the New Year!

Katie

3 comments :

driftwood said...

your Christmas looks very beautiful, enjoy your sunshine and blue skies xxx

Porcelina said...

What lovely photographs! I like the first one of you looking all smiley in the mirror with Christmas cheer. Is that a woodburning stove? We've just had one put in and it's the BEST THING EVER!! Especially as I was sick over Christmas and spent my days curled up on the sofa in front of it.

Best wishes for 2015, I am looking forward to seeing what plans you have for your garden in particular x

Helen Lou said...

I'm so sad Christmas is over :( Your decorations are adorable!