First Days Of Spring


"February is merely as long as is needed to pass the time until March."

There have been walks this month where spring does appear to be in the air, dappled sunlight through the bare branches hints that longer, warmer days will soon be here again, I just wish they would hurry up! Birdsong sounds all that more cheerier, dogs are pleased their paws aren't feeling so frozen and even the squirrels seem to be out enjoying the better weather, although this proves tricky as Mia see's them as fast food! There are of course plenty of reasons to enjoy February - Shrove Tuesday and all the delicious pancakes combinations you can imagine...mine's always lemon and sugar on the day as I'm a purist about such things! The daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses appearing on verges and in flower pots around your neighbourhood are a reminder that gardening time is about to begin again, I haven't been down to my greenhouse in a few weeks as my garden has flooded, hate to think how messy it is out there! For now I will just enjoy taking plenty of bracing walks (with a spot of dog rescuing thrown in - I reunited the adorable beagle below to her owner in a few minutes thankfully!) and I will have a flick through some seed catalogues for my 2016 gardening plan of attack!









What are your plans and aspirations for February? Have you already started cracking on in the garden this year?

Thanks for reading,

Katie

No comments :