London Sunday Brunching


I will start with post with a warning, if you're feeling a bit peckish, LOOK AWAY NOW! Food alert! 

It was one of my best friends birthdays last weekend, so I headed upto the big smoke to celebrate with brunch! We headed to Rawduck in Hackney, which was all new to me, and indulged in the strongest coffee I've ever had (will keep me awake for a week) and piles of tasty egg, bread and avocado, what could be better? I had the harissa eggs with flatbread and greek yogurt which was so delicious I will be attempting to recreate it at home this week, new favourite brinner! (Breakfast for dinner...anyone else a fan?). It was full of lovely long tables and benches, the biggest house plant's I've ever seen AND they were dog friendly - always a plus in my book! No one took up the offer of drinking vinegar's though - maybe next time!



Suitably fuelled we took a stroll along Regents Canal to be nosey at all the jolly houseboats moored along the bank, and through to Regents Park for yet more dog spotting. My highlight was a spotty Great Dane the size of a horse, and a fluffy Chihuahua sizing up to Pitbull-type in a studded collar who just looked incredulous! (The little one escaped uneaten...this time!) 

My friends live in Greenwich so we took a bus ride home through the Olympic village in Stratford which was looking rather eerie and quiet as there aren't any sporting events on at the moment, we got the best front seats on the double decker which always makes for a good trip! After walking for miles it seemed only right it was time for tea and cake, Birthday boy had loaded scones which I was rather jealous of, but my February meal plan sadly doesn't include clotted cream - more fool me!






It was great to have a complete change of scene for the weekend but once storm Imogen started to hit I was glad to be back home and cosy, London seems so hectic now I'm not there regularly - I must be getting old!

Thanks for reading and I hope you weren't left hungry!

Katie 

3 comments :

Porcelina said...

Yup, that has made me hungry! How do you make harissa eggs?! Xx

aprileveryday said...

The food looks absolutely amazing! It sounds like you had such a great day - I always love to explore London!
xo April | April Everyday

Candy Pop said...

That all looks so wonderful, sounds like you had a fun time! x