To the Sea - Charmouth/Lyme Part one.




Time for a few holiday snaps from our recent trip to Dorset, staying in Charmouth and visiting Lyme Regis and Bridport. Charmouth really is a wonderful town, it has the perfect mix of rural scenery and seascape, and is far calmer this time of year to Lyme Regis. I love being able to walk to the bakery and butchers every day, they obviously have a good strong community spirit there, very friendly locals! We particularly enjoy taking Mollie here because she is allowed on the greenery surrounding Charmouth Beach, and we get to enjoy the beautiful views. This was THE week of brilliant English weather, so yes, the sky really WAS that blue! I took my good pal the Olympus XA3 this time.




From the beach front in Charmouth you get an excellent view of The Cobb in Lyme Regis, one of my favourite spots in the UK, made world famous in the film 'The French Lieutenant's Woman'. We took a stroll over there during the week, and found it pleasantly quiet compared to the heaving beaches. I braved the heights and made the most of the stunning panoramic view (managing not to lose my shoes/camera over the side - phew!)




Just a seaside snippet for now! I have one more roll to be developed, so expect more holiday snaps soon! Hope you all are enjoying/have enjoyed/will enjoy a break this summer! Where's your chosen destination?

No comments :