Monthly Wish List - December


It's a very late Wish List this month, so I do understand if Father Christmas doesn't manage to track down everything in time! ;) I am always on the look out for Victorian Christmas cards, as I use them to as decorations over the festive time, I think they take some beating! They are all so different and detailed, and I particularly like the "Enjoy The Season" themed ones that don't show classic Christmas iconography at all, I have seashells, butterfly and lichen ones in my collection. These two lovely examples were from Ebay, you can never go wrong with cute bird couples in my eyes. I adore the barn owl one, particularly it's words:

"Here we will sit and let the sounds of music creep in our ears, 
May all that makes a fair Yuletide, be gathered round your (?) fireside. 
Your memories sweet, your prospects rosy, and everything snug and cosy. 
May your Christmas time be jolly!"

I don't think I could say it better myself! 


This fantastic mulled wine carafe with warmer from Sagaform  is the perfect booze-gadget of the season! I love mulled wine but I am always aware I'm not serving it in the best manner, I always make it too hot, then am nervous to put it in glasses so everyone gets mugs instead, but this would solve all such issues! I love the detail on the warmer underneath, Sagaform are a fantastic brand for stylish kitchenware, do check their website for ideas. The cups to match are also very jolly, they are insulated so that solves burnt fingers!



Further Scandinavian christmas goodies can be found on one of my favourite web stores, Northlight. They have a fantastic range of the most popular brands including Sagaform, Pluto and of course, a whole load of Moomin goodies! I've always loves these rotary candle holders, they are nostalgic but the newer range of designs keep them fresh, and many are suitable designs to have out all year round. My seasonal favourites were Christmas Silver and Polar Bear, but I have the snowflake, moose and father christmas all out in my home at the moment! They are great stocking presents, sure to raise a smile!



I can't shop on Northlight and resist just a spot of Moomin, so this Christmas drinks tray cures the craving! I am determined to serve up some festive beverages this year rather than stick to wine etc, I will have a cocktail trolley one day, until then I'll just keep collecting the accessories! This Winter Cocktail book promises mulled cider, hot toddies, punches, pitchers and cocktail party snacks, perfect! And for me, you can't go wrong with The Great British Bake Off (I highly recommend their range of quality bakeware!) the Winter Kitchen collections sounds like perfect comfort food for chilly winter days. Both these books look impeccably styled as well, great gifts for foodies!


And finally, I couldn't resist a Christmas Jumper, sadly it's out of my price range this time of year....but look as these festive jolly sheep! Joules are on a roll with a great range of animal jumpers, they are also longer in the body this year, which was a gripe with me last time! They are sold out online (obviously many weren't put off with the £79.95 price tag!) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the sale (I should be so lucky!) I have a wonderfully cheesy 80's jumper to wear to work next week, looking forward to that!
My plan for the next couple of days is to get everything wrapped by Sunday night, and get as much food prepped as possible! I also hope to watch a good few Christmas films, for me, Love Actually is essential. Better bring out the BublĂ© as well! Hope you are keeping calm and feeling festive! 



3 comments :

Porcelina said...

I hadn't heard of Northlight so will have to have a peruse! I love Victorian Cards too, I used to get lovely repro ones from Past Times before it closed. I hope Santa gets you a few treats from this list at least! X

Gillian Roe said...

I need to go and browse Northlight right now, it sounds like my sort of place. Gorgeous collection of goodies here - that Sagaform mulled wine carafe is genius. I use a tea pot but this is much more chic! x

Unknown said...

It's such a great site, I am hoping Northlight are going to have a sale any day now, not that i'll have generous funds after Christmas, but still! Hope you both get some super goodies and have a jolly festive season :) x