Halloween & A Misty Start To November



"It's said that All Hallows' Eve is one of the nights when the veil between the worlds is thin - and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright."

It's no secret how much I adore Halloween and those spooky misty days that seem to come with it! I had a week soaking up my favourite spooky delights - Hocus Pocus (MANDATORY viewing!), numerous Most Haunted episodes (so bad, they're good!) and several documentaries following The Pendle Witch Trials (true stories are the scariest!). I might of accidentally also eaten half the sweets that I had prepared for trick or treaters, but again, that's practically a tradition in itself! 

I couldn't wait to get my fireplace looking seasonal, I can never have too many candles this time of year! A few neighbours popped round and seemed to take it as some kind of Pagan alter - which I'll take as a compliment! Even my pumpkin was pumpkin themed, like most girls on Pinterest I can't get enough. 

 I was working on the day itself, so I dressed up as an accidentally-rather-90s Witch - I was going for that "just off to the coven" look! Mystical faux-tattos were enjoyable, I think most customers just assumed I was that gothic everyday, which was good fun! I then headed to my pals house for an evening full of Halloween Strictly Come Dancing and eating more sweets, October I will dearly miss you! 











 And then before we knew it, November arrived swathed in fog, which lead to some rather spooky woodland walks. I couldn't help imagining Sleepy Hollow-type characters riding in the mist, damn that overactive only child imagination! The spiderwebs were dusted in dew, which again only added to the fright factor, I didn't realise how many were hiding in those hedges! Why do I get the feeling this month is just going to fly by?? Hope you are off to a great start!

Thanks for popping by,

Katie 

5 comments :

Porcelina said...

Your makeup is absolutely gorgeous, that's a stunning photo of you - worthy of an album cover somewhere for a pagan inspired folk rock band?!

I also really love the effort you put into creating that Halloween display, it looked fab.

xx

Anna Nuttall said...

Hi there, amazing photos. I love the misty atmosphere one. xx

http://www.annanuttall.com/

Anonymous said...

Ah the misty photos are lovely. Great post xx

Ashleigh
www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk

Candy Pop said...

A gorgeous post. I love your Halloween mantle and your garden looks as gorgeous as ever! Have a wonderful November. x

Happy Homebird said...

You are as bad as me :) Love it! I will really miss October. November is sort of no-mans land sometimes but actually this year I am finding it just as mysterious as last month and that spooky feeling is slowly turning into festive. Love your Halloween mantel and that you dressed up xx